Who doesn’t want to perform better and longer? Having longer intimate moments with your partner helps in improving the bonding between you and also leaves memories that last for a lifetime. Following are some of the foods (based on the required nutrients) that can help you last longer in bed and perform better.
This is an active component in Chillies (chilli peppers). Capsaicin helps in improving metabolism by burning fat, relieves topical pain and also helps in controlling insulin spikes in diabetic people.
Capsaicin also helps in quicker recovery after an episode sex so that you can get ready go for another round. Foods rich in capsaicin are:
- Chilli peppers (Indian green chilli, red chilli, jalapenos)
- Sweet pepper (also called bell pepper – red, green, yellow peppers)
- Ginger root – You can have ginger tea; add ginger in your food preparations
Potassium is one of the important electrolytes required by our body. Potassium also helps in boosting metabolism, keeps cells and muscles hydrated and helps in recovery. Foods rich in potassium are:
- Banana (no wonder you see banana recommended by many body builders)
- Musk Melon (Kirni in tamil)
- Spinach (Palak)
- Sweet Potato
3. Complex Carbohydrates
Not all carbohydrates. Simple carbohydrates that are found in pasta and bread can reduce your stamina very quickly. Complex carbohydrates help by providing long lasting energy to your body. Foods with complex carbohydrates are:
- Sweet potatoes
- Green vegetables
- Whole grains
- Fruits such as apples, berries and bananas.
A long lasting source of energy just like complex carbohydrates. Protein rich foods include:
- Eggs, Chicken, beef, lamb, pork
- Turkey, duck, emu, goose
- Fish, prawns, crabs, oysters
- Milk, Yogurt, Cheese
5. B Vitamins
- Out of all the B vitamins, vitamins from B1 to B5 and B12 regulate the production of sex hormones in men. They help in increasing a man’s libido and boost performance. Foods rich in Vitamin B are:
- Milk, Cheese, Eggs
- Liver, Kidney
- Chicken, red meat (beef etc)
- Fish – Tuna, mackerel, Salmon, Oysters
- Spinach and other dark green vegetables.
Usually vegetarians may fall short of vitamin B12. They can either take supplements of Vitamin B12 or injections after consulting a sexologist.
6. Omega 3 Fatty Acids
- They balance sex hormones and boost man’s libido. Foods rich in omega 3 fatty acids are:
- Hemp seeds, flax seeds, walnuts and chia seeds
- Kale, Spinach
- Soy beans
- Mustard seeds
Other important nutrients for men:
- L – Citrulline – One of the amino acids that can increase strength and stamina. It also helps in maintaining erections. L-Citrulline is found in water melons, onions & garlic, salmon, red meat, dark chocolate.
- L – Arginine: L-Citrulline is converted into L – Arginine. This helps in managing blood flow and building proteins.
- Nitrates – Nitrates control how the muscles use oxygen in the body. Nitrates help build overall stamina of the body so that you can perform well at the gym as well as in bed. Vegetables such as Spinach, Lettuce, Radishes, Chinese cabbage, parsley are rich sources of nitrates.
- Magnesium – From body energy to brain functioning, magnesium plays a very important role. A man with low magnesium levels will be almost without any stamina. Foods rich in magnesium include Dark Chocolate, avocados, tofu, legumes, nuts, whole grains etc.
Important nutrients for women:
- Folic acid – helps in development and growth of new cells that fight fatigue and boost stamina in women. Brocolli, Green leafy vegetables, Chickpeas, Kidney beans, breakfast cereals and other foods fortified with folic acid.
- Calcium – Calcium helps in keeping the bones strong. Calcium also helps in proper functioning of cells in the body. Milk, Cheese, Yogurt, Salmon, Sardines (eaten with bones) are rich sources of calcium.
- Vitamin D – If you are deficient in Vitamin D, you can get dozens of health issues very easily. Such is the importance of Vitamin D in everyone’s body. Though available for free, many people fall deficient in Vitamin D levels and end up taking supplements. Spend enough time in sunlight everyday to keep your bodily functions at optimal levels.
- Iron – Having optimal levels of iron is more important in women than in men. Considering the fact that women lose blood regularly during their menstrual cycles, lack of iron can lead to anemia. Red meat, chicken, fortified foods, guava, spinach and other green leafy vegetables, raisins, apricots are rich sources of iron.
Someone said it already and it’s true to every word that everyone should remember – “You are what you eat”. Have a healthy and nutritious diet everyday with active workout for at least 30 minutes daily. You can be strong in and out.