Who is a Sexologist?
Let us first know/understand what ‘Sexology’ is. Sexology is a scientific study of human sexuality, human sexual behaviour, sexual functions, sexual development during the lifespan (from puberty to old age) of a human and all kinds of disorders / problems related to them.
A certified doctor who is thoroughly knowledgeable on these sexology subjects and who is licensed to treat such problems is called a Sexologist.
What problems do sexologists treat?
As said earlier, sexologists are licensed doctors to treat all sexual health problems related to sexual behaviour, dysfunctions and also provide therapy / counselling for singles or couples that are in need of having a satisfactory sexual health.
Do the Sexologists in Chennai test for Sexually Transmitted Infections?
Sexually Transmitted Infections cause Sexually Transmitted Diseases. Yes, the sexologists in Chennai can test and treat STDs / STIs. However, not all the sexology clinics in Chennai are equipped with the latest testing laboratories for STDs such as Chlamydia, Syphilis, Gonorrhea, HIV, Hernia, Herpes, Hepatitis A, B, C etc.
Do these Sexologists in Chennai keep the identity of patients confidential?
Absolutely! At Metromale Clinic & Fertility Center, your information and your personal identity is 100% Confidential. Apart from the doctor who is treating you and those who should be assisting from our staff will only know about you. Not a single unsolicited party will be knowing anything, not even your name.
What tests do sexologists perform and what is the cost?
Firstly, it is not possible to tell what tests will be performed on a person without knowing the exact problem. In many cases, no test will be required and in cases where tests might be needed, the patient’s problem and the medical history will be carefully studied and the tests will be prescribed.
Costing is another questions many patients will be asking about. It varies from clinic to clinic or doctor to doctor. A multi specialty clinic may be charging way more than what we charge and some doctors may be charging a little lesser. But, what we can assure you is, our charges are better compared to multi-specialty hospitals in Chennai where you get exactly the same services and equipped with the same labs as we are.
When should I see a sexologist?
- If you are having problems with your genitals
- If you see something unusual near your genitals
- If you have had unprotected sex with someone who you don’t know very well.
- If you are not able to have sex with your partner
- If you are not able to hold your ejaculation for decently longer period
- If you are not able ejaculate even after proper stimulation
- If you are not able to achieve erection
- If you find any spots, rashes on the skin of your penis and in your throat
- If you have a tight foreskin on your penis
- If your penis cracks during rough intercourse
- If you bleed when having sex or have a painful sexual intercourse
- If your penis is bent way more than it should
- If you have a small penis
- If you are losing interest in sex even in your young age
- If you are not able to consummate your marriage
and more.. If you have any such issues, you have to see a sexologist, right away!
Who is the best sexologist in Chennai?
Better or Best are relative terms. We will put a few brief points on how you can pick the right sexologist in your city or anywhere you want.
- Read through the doctor’s profile. Is (s)he qualified, trained by who and where.
- Reviews – Definitely these days, getting fake reviews has become as easy as a pie. So, you cannot rely totally on them BUT, you can get a fair idea by looking at the negative reviews especially and how the hospital / clinic / doctor is responding to them. Not just in Google, you need to go through the reviews in various places where applicable, may be Just dial, practo, classifieds, trip advisor etc. Look at the holistic picture is what we advise.
- Word of Mouth – The most powerful and reliable medium. Needless to say about this one.
- Meet the doctor – Either for the first opinion or as a second opinion. The way, the doctor is listening to your problem, explaining what his / her inference on the issue and the medication prescribed will give you a hint on how that will work out. If you are not able to see any improvement even after your second visit, you got to re-think about your next visit.